Yesterday the WARC committee met on Skype to discuss options for meetings, presentations and the SK sale originally scheduled for March 28th. These are the decisions we made:
- On Thursday evenings at 7.30pm, we will meet for a Net on the GB3DG repeater.
- From 8pm on Thursday evenings, we will also meet on the WARC channel on Zello. Access requires a password – please contact us by email and we will send it to WARC members. Please read this article for some background on Zello.
- The talk night on April 2nd is postponed. We hope to find a way to deliver Clive’s presentation on the first Thursday in May, using an online platform. We will publish details on the website when they become available, and send email to members.
- We will consider alternative formats for future talk nights. If you have suggestions, or you would like to volunteer for an online presentation or similar, please let us know.
- The Shack Sale for SK Robin Bellerby, originally scheduled for March 28th, is postponed indefinitely. We will let you know via website and email when this is rescheduled. In the list we sent last week there were a few items marked “B” for bidding – if you are interested in any of these items and you would like to place a bid, please contact us with the information and we will consider your bid. These are the larger items of the sale, which explains that we would be glad to see them moved, but also means they may be difficult to physically get hold of. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- We are taking steps to improve the club’s internal and external resilience, to be prepared in case certain individuals should be unable to fill their assigned roles.
Best of luck to all of you, and I hope to hear you on the air in the near future! This is certainly a time where Amateur Radio has a chance to shine, so dust off that antenna and get in touch!